Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!!!

Quite an interesting Thanksgiving it has been...I was invited by a couple of people to spend Thanksgiving at their houses, but I deffered because I really just wanted a break. Just wanted to relax. So I watched football in my RD's apartment (because of his kind invitation), talked to my family at home, at a generously given Thanksgiving dinner from one of the cafeteria guys on my wing, at a box of boxed mac n' cheese with it, looked at sports and news on the internet.....Ya, definitely pretty interesting :) It was good tho. I feel like I had a really good break day, even though I miss my family at home. I actually really miss my family at home and the peace and quiet of life in the country...I know that the Lord has me here for His purposes though, so that makes everything alright. I sure would like a piece of my sister's apple pie with ice cream and a big glass of milk right now though :)...Haha. Oh, I do miss 'em. Lord knows though. He wouldn't have me here if He didn't want me here. I know that no matter how much I struggle with doubt and trusting in Him, He has already delivered me from sin's reign in my life and secured my heart with Him. Life won't last long, and I sure pray He uses mine in a mighty way for His purposes.....I feel like sometimes I forget just how much the Lord has done for me. He didn't have to save me from my rebellion and overpowering sinfulness. But He did. He did and that's the greatest blessing I can think of on this Thanksgiving. Even more than that, this is the greatest blessing for every Christian. I'll probably never understand how professing Christians can be so content with taking this lightly. Maybe they're not Christians, only God knows that though. All I can do is trust Him and keep my focus on Him, not other people, in this life. I know that if I'm truly focused on Him, He'll use my life as a ministry to others. This isn't something that I need to try and muster up myself but rather something that He will provide for. I've learned that the hard way lately but I know that the Lord will provide despite my struggles........Lord, I thank you for the salvation You've given to all believers, I thank you for the terrific parents You've given me whose hearts desire is to honor You, I thank You for my brother in TX and my sister at home and the encouragment that they've been to me and the rest of the family, I thank You for Your forgiveness, that even when I am deceived and tricked by sin, You deliver me, I thank You for using every one of the trials that I have faced and currently face for Your purposes, and take heart in knowing that one day I will spend eternity with You in heaven...Amen.

From a thankful heart to our Savior,

Josh

1 comment:

pianochick_92 said...

That was a very encouraging post as usual Joshwa!!! I miss you and Aaron too and can't WAIT for you guys to come home. :)