Thursday, November 6, 2008

Old time autumn memories...

Our dorm RD's were very kind and made homemade apple pies for the entire dorm tonight....Num-num-goo-goo (as Minnesotans say:).....Anyway their kindness and the wonderful pie made me think about what autumn was like to me in past years.....Crisp, cold air. Orange-red hued leaves gleaming in the curiously cold sunlight. Me and my brother playing football at our friend Sean's house. Watching the Michigan Wolverines dominate their opposition in the fireplace warmed house. Fall Fling (Youth group retreat). Wanting recess to come as fast as possible at school. Jumping in huge piles of leaves that were sometimes still wet. Going to boxing practice with a family filed car just as the sun was going down. Sleeping on the top level of a cozy bunk bed I shared with my brother. Celebrating as the first snow of the year softly fell from the sky......Ya, that's pretty much what life was like before I started college. However, even though I miss home and family sometimes, I'm glad to be out. Learning, manuevering, struggling, striving, pushing, exhuasting, disciplining, bumming, aching, and, though I often forget to, trusting God through all these different facets on the road of life. The best part is looking back and seeing how God has been faithful throughout the years. My life has hit some really tough points but no matter how painful circumstances have been, the Lord has provided. I thank Him for his provision and know that whatever lies on the road ahead, He has secured my soul eternally in Him. Amen and amen.

Psalm 150 (NASB):
1Praise the LORD!
Praise God in His sanctuary;
Praise Him in His mighty expanse.
2Praise Him for His mighty deeds;
Praise Him according to His excellent greatness.
3Praise Him with trumpet sound;
Praise Him with harp and lyre.
4Praise Him with timbrel and dancing;
Praise Him with stringed instruments and pipe.
5Praise Him with loud cymbals;
Praise Him with resounding cymbals.
6Let everything that has breath praise the LORD.
Praise the LORD!

To the glory of Him who has delivered myself and all believers from eternal death and has given us eternity in heaven with Him, Josh

No comments: