Friday, October 17, 2008

Another exciting blog by a tired old man :)......

Well, just kinda sittin here on a mid-October Friday night listening to some relaxing jazz piano music. I tried to get some homework done today, but when it came down to it, I was just to plumb tired for any more academia. This was an intense week, so I instead spent my afternoon playing football and ultimate. It was really fun. I then went to dinner with friends and came back to my room, where I presently sit. The funny thing about college is that it seems like you have nothing to do, really just homework and class and stuff, but you somehow end up more exhausted or at least as exhausted as you would have been from manual labor. In my case that's how it is anyway.....Anyway, lately I've kind of been thinking, should be praying more as well, about what sort of career I should pursue. Right now I'm considering finishing college a semester early (3 1/2 years) and being and EMT for a while then trying to get into a good PA program, if medical school doesn't work out. I just don't really know, even if I got into medical school, if I could make it through another four years of even more intense academia. But, God has definitely been the only reason I've made it this far in college so if He wants another four years from me, He'll give me the strength to make it through......I've also just felt really stressed out lately to. This has been going on for a while now (it kind of started during OChem in the summer) but I just feel tense, even when I'm trying to relax. I think that I need to spend more time in God's Word too. That'd probably help me not worry about things and be so tense all the time....Honestly, I just really miss being at home around my family and the quiet, opn country at times too. This sounds silly from a kid who wanted so badly to see the big world and head out West for college. But I guess I just really need to see that this is how life is. It's about more than me and what makes me comfortable. It should be lived to God's glory not mine.....It'll be so great to be in heaven someday. I'm really looking forward to just spending eternity worshipping the Lord. No sin to wrestle with, no stress to cope with, no homesickness, just purely and genuinely worshipping our Savior and Creator around His throne. it just makes me feel so tiny to consider how powerful and loving our Lord is. I'm such a little speck of what He has made in His image, and yet He delivers me from the death that I rightfully deserved to bring glory to Himself. How much I love the Lord! Really how can there be a greater joy than this. And the fact that salvation is secure and the Lord only has me here for just a short time to use my life for His purposes. It makes me just long for heaven right now. But I know that God has me here for His purposes, so that makes me content with staying.....Even in times when I am completely physically ill and mentally and emotionally exhausted, like this past week, the Lord is faithful to bring me through that. I mean really what do I have to worry about. As Romans 8:38-39 (NASB) says, "For I am convinced that neither (A)death, nor life, nor (B)angels, nor principalities, nor (C)things present, nor things to come, nor powers, nor height, nor depth, nor any other created thing, will be able to separate us from (D)the love of God, which is (E)in Christ Jesus our Lord."..... If none of these things can seperate us from the love of God, what can? Certainly not a bad grade or being short and youthful looking. Because when it all comes down to it, the ord has me here for His purposes. I'm not in college just to have fun and goof around, I don't go to class just to learn a bunch of facts and terms, I don't study because it makes me happy, I don't want to be a doctor so I can be a prideful and wealthy affluence.....May the Lord give me and other believers a heart that desires to use all these wonderful opportunities at college to glorify Him. Because when it comes down to it, that's what life, both now and in eternity, is all about.

Weak on my own but ever so strong in Christ, Josh

1 comment:

pianochick_92 said...

Wow, you're seriously considering graduating a semester early?! That'd be great! And I miss you tons too bro! :) And you're right too, if it's the Lord's will for you to continue on another four years, He'll grant you the ability to do so, and if not, He'll direct you somewhere else He desires you to serve him at.