Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Welp, a lot has happened in the last day and a half....

Imagine fearing that something horrible is going to happen and then it happens. I'm sure this has happened to you, but it has definitely happened to me in the last day and a half....Yesterday, about noon, I sent a message to one of the other students in the Physiology class that I completed last fall to see if she had recieved her grades for the class yet. I went outside and played with the dog for about an hour and back in the house recieved a reply to the message. She said that she had recieved her grades and was very dissapointed with them. After saying a quick prayer, I checked my grades as well and was jaw-dropping horrified. The very semester in which I had accumulated through the first 13 units about a 3.65 GPA drastically took a devastating turn. I recieved a C grade in my 3 credit Physiology I lecture class and an F grade in my 1 credit Physiology I lab class. I was horrified beyond words! All I could do was bang my fist on the table and stare with a blank mind at the posted grades. How could this happen? How could THIS happen? In the week prior I was looking at summer internships and trying to study to take the MCAT in April. And now, now I was trying to figure out where I would be attending college for the next semester! I know that this sounds too bad to be true. At least to me it does. Because I've already been to the bottom because of overscheduling. But this time, this time I had done nothing wrong. I studied the best and prepared the best that I could for both courses, ensuring that I focused my time and attention on these major courses. How could this happen? I feel like I've been living in a nightmare the last day and a half as I've frantically applied to University of Wisconsin Madison and Baylor University to see if I can get admitted for their respective Spring semesters. How bad can it get for a student? At what point does one start to lose his perception of all that is good because of gross injustices? How can one continue through this? How do you keep going? Well, I don't know. But I know that the Lord does and He's going to help me get out of this one as well. I can't control anything that happens in this crazy life but I know that God knows absolutely everything and He always provides. It's not always easy, it's often painful and bumpy. As Romans 8:38-39 (NASB) says, "For I am convinced that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor things present, nor things to come, nor powers,
nor height, nor depth, nor any other created thing, will be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord." So I'll keep my chin up and rest in the care and protection of our loving Savior. As 2 Corinthians 4:8-9 (NASB) says, "we are afflicted in every way, but not crushed; perplexed, but not despairing; persecuted, but not forsaken; struck down, but not destroyed;". March on Christian soldier, He will provide. In Christ, Josh

No comments: