Monday, January 5, 2009

I think I might just understand what's going on now...

Welp, today went pretty well. We dropped Aaron off at the airport early this AM and then went to Sam's Club, then back to Hudson, then to Oakdale for an eye appointment I had. It was a good day. Nice to spend time with my sister Rachel and my mom, as well as saying bye to my big bro Aaron. I'll miss him but look forward to seeing him in the summer Lordwilling.....Anyway, about the title, I think I'm understanding what's going on now. I think that the Lord is showing me, much like He did Solomon in Ecclesiastes, that all things are worthless apart from Him. I've really been on edge lately always looking for something to keep myself busy with and having an unsettled mind despite being in a very settled home environment. I think that the Lord is reshifting my focus to Him away from all the external business I try to occupy myself with. Not to say that all of the external is bad but I think that I've become too preoccupied with it and lost focus on our Lord. I know that He will guide me through and deliver me from this. I think that it's time that I dug deeper into His Word and stayed in prayer on a continual basis. My only hope is in Christ and anything apart from Him leads to nothingness. "To you, O LORD, I lift up my soul; in you I trust, O my God. Do not let me be put to shame, nor let my enemies triumph over me. No one whose hope is in you will ever be put to shame, but they will be put to shame who are treacherous without excuse. Show me your ways, O LORD, teach me your paths; guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long." (Psalm 25:1-5, NIV) Thank you Lord for Your provision. In Him, Josh

No comments: