Saturday, January 24, 2009

I know that everything will be alright in the end by God's grace, now if I could just trust that...

I dunno the last few days I've felt very worried and insecure with things. I've been tired and sleeping a lot more and feel on the edge with a lot of stuff. I really want to trust God with everything but don't feel like I am enough. I've really enjoyed being here at Baylor so far but am just having a difficult time being settled with everything. I keep getting concerned that I'm going to be rejected again. I don't want to feel this way but I really have a tough time getting over being treated poorly by people, even if it's only a few. I feel like I've been knocked down and getting back up will just cause me to get knocked down again soon. I get feeling really timid and shy around people and assume that they'll think the worst about me even if I didn't do anything wrong. I'm sure everyone feels like this at some point in their lives so I'm trying to think in that light. I think I've been sleeping more because I just want a hug or to hug my bed and not have to face the difficulties of the world ever again. Sin lurks around every corner, sometimes people that you trust very much give you a devastating blow to the face when you're not looking, you don't look like anyone else, you're constantly trying to find an identity in the different places you end up in life....the world definitely can seem like a hopeless ploy sometimes. But in reality I know that life is not hopeless. I serve a loving Savior who has placed me here in this time, this place, and this body for His purposes. Ya, maybe it isn't comfortable all the time but it doesn't need to be. My strength should be found solely in Christ, so if I'm looking for a hug or other illusions of true comfort, I need to realign my thinking. My only hope and strength is found in Christ and I know that He will provide. He continues to and I now that He will till He brings me on home. In Him, Josh

No comments: