Wednesday, December 24, 2008

It's a God ordained life...Merry Christmas!!!

I just watched the movie "It's a Wonderful Life" a little bit ago and it got me thinking a lot...I've been feeling really burdened lately and really wanting to be closer to the Lord in every aspect of my life but I feel like instead I'm drifting further and further away...I don't need to wait till New Year's to know that my urgent need is to be on my knees in prayer before the Lord and to ask Him for wisdom and strength on a moment by moment basis...Wherever I'm at in life all I want is to be close to the Lord and to walk with Him in all that I do...Maybe He's letting this happen to me in order that I may see this more clearly...My heart aches when I feel distant from Him and when He is offended or taken lightly by others...I know that He alone is the Truth and I cannot find any hope or content apart from Him...Lord, I pray that no matter how long I continue to struggle with doubting, pride, uneccesary guilt, or any other sin, that would hold me close to You through the end of this year and however many years you grace me with. All I want is to be your servant Lord. Please use me in whatever way You see fit. Lord, I beg that You would help me to trust in You. My own doubt tears me apart. I love You Lord. please strike down my pride. I am nothing apart from You and anything I do apart from You is worthless. Please instill that in my mind. Please give me wisdom and direction for the days to come. I have no hope apart from You. I love You Lord and look forward to the day of Your return with a longing that I can't express. Thank you for sending Your Son to die for my own sin and the sin of every believer and for giving us Lordwilling tommorow to remember and celebrate. I love You Lord.

May You be glorified eternally, Josh

No comments: