Friday, April 11, 2008

Wow.

You know what? The coolest thing just happened to me. As I went to lay on my bed at about 2:57 p.m., I figured I'd spend about 10 minutes resting and thinking about all the stuff that I need to get done this weekend. But as I thought my mind started drifting and reflecting. Somehow I though back to my first day of kindergarten when my teacher asked me if I wanted to be called Josh or Joshua. After some delay I chose the cooler sounding of the two, Josh. Soon my mind started reflecting on my entire life, starting with this first day of kindergarten. I found myself remembering, albeit somewhat cloudily, the schoolyears and summers which followed this trend. I eventually made it to the summer following 9th grade, the point at which I feel that God turned my hearts motives and desires to Him. I was on a slippery slope to destruction, my blatant rebellion and wickedness seeping into every aspect of my life. But then there was a change. Of course, I cannot comprehend what caused it for it was only the working of God. It didn't happen in a moment, week, or even month. Rather, life since this point has been a continual growing process. There have definitely been hurdles, obstacles, and even the severest points of despair, but God has always brought me through them. This I cannot explain either. All that I can do is thank the Lord with all of my being for His transforming work in my life. I guess the "wow" title of this post should really be "thank you Lord". He knows that "I am but dust and ashes" (Gen 18:27, NASB) but makes available to me, and every believer, all the "armor" (Eph 6:10-20) that we need to stand strong in Him. Even when we fail to fully equip ourselves and are wounded by the enemy, "If we confess our sins, He is faithful and righteous to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness." (1 John 1:9, NASB) What an encouragment to know that if we are in Him, nothing in this life can even touch our eternal standing in Him. We are forever His:) Joyfully in Christ, Josh Gilbert

No comments: