Friday, April 18, 2008

Just over 2 1/2 weeks to go!!!!!

You know, with all the difficulty and struggle this year has brought, the Lord has always been faithful to me. He's always brough that encouraging word from another person when I really needed it. He's even given me the strength to push through the strange fatigue that has been somewhat crippling to me since last semester. He's given me the knowledge base to help out the students that I've tutored and stuff even when I feared that I would not be mathematically and sometimes scientifically equipped to help them. As 2 Corinthians 12:10 (NASB) so truely says, "Therefore I am well content with weaknesses, with insults, with distresses, with persecutions, with difficulties, for Christ's sake; for when I am weak, then I am strong." Even when the glimpse of light and hope seems to fade or your hold onto the edge of life's cliff dwindles to just a one-finger grip, He is there "......to keep you from stumbling, and to make you stand in the presence of His glory blameless with great joy," Jude 1:24 (NASB). And with all the joys, difficulties, stresses, sorrows, encouragement passes another segment of life. Lordwilling, in just over two and a half weeks, I will have completed half of my undergraduate education. God has provided the financial, physical, and mental capabilites for me to recieve an education in accordance with His plans and purposes and for this I am most thankful. May the Lord grant me the grace and strength to say, as Paul did, when I come to the end of life's brief and often difficult road, "I have fought the good fight, I have finished the course, I have kept the faith;" 2 Timothy 4:7 (NASB). For the Christian there is really no greater testimony than that. Being faithful to Christ, realizing that He works all things for His plans and purposes, and walking boldly against the traffic and muddling confusion that the rest of this world is in. So, as the semester comes to close and the last few words are written on this chapter in my life, thank you Lord and please grant me the grace to stand firm in you which is entirely impossible for me to do apart from You grace in my life. I love you Lord and look forward to the day when your working through me on this earth is complete and I can spend eternity worshipping You, my Creator, Savior, and eternal Father. Amen. In Him, Josh

1 comment:

pianochick_92 said...

That's really encouraging Josh! I really like the 2 Cor. 12:10 verse. That is so uplifting. This post makes me want to sing for joy! Lord Bless you.