Saturday, February 9, 2008

Stop complaining! and remember that He is in control

You know, I've really been struggling with wanting to be diligent in school. I love activity and my favorite hobbies often consist of outdoor events, like sports and any other adventurous adrenaline stirring event. I've had thoughts like," Man I should just quit school and go dirtbiking." Or feeling like I just want to take a long road trip away from all existence into a nice, peaceful, clean-aired open valley where I can enjoy the Lord's creation and the solitude and quietness of the country life that I've grown up in. But you know what, when I really think about it, this is a spirit of complaining and complaining is a sin before God. Who am I to complain when He has brought me through so much, saved my life, delivered me from the hand of the evil one, and used my life for His purposes. So if he wants me to sit in this encapsulating dorm room and study so that I can be used by Him by using this knowledge that I obtain, that's what I want to do. If he wants me to sweat it out and learn diligence, patience, perseverance, and ultimately trusting in Him for my every need, than that's what I want to do. That's the road that I want to walk. Whatever it takes, I pray that the Lord will give me a heart that is set on accomplishing His purposes for me. That's all that this earthly life is about. What a selfish thought for me to want to isolate myself for the world so that I can enjoy the life that, in the flesh, I would want. As a verse in Proverbs says,"A man who isolates himself seeks His own desire." I am here to be a testimony of Him!! Why do I have so much trouble understanding this? Because I am a wicked sinner apart from His grace, a foolish man in need of wisdom and direction. Only wisdom and direction that His hand can provide. I pray that He gives me a heart that is commitited to His purposes no matter what tries to distract me in this life. Why worry? Dou know what the solution is to worry? Phillipians 4:6-7 tells us,"Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus." All that we are commanded to do is pray. He will take care of us. He is in total control. And what a tremendous blessing that is!!!! I am weak, but He is in control and He is strong. Therefore, I am strong by His grace but I am absolutely nothing but depraved dust apart from Him. I pray that He helps me to be constantly trusting in Him and realize that He is in control. This life is not my own. It is His and I pray that He will use in whatever way He sees best. And the blessed part is I know that He will :) Good night. In Christ, Josh

No comments: