Friday, December 16, 2011

God's providence, love, and grace



2011....What will seeing the numbers or hearing the sound of
this year bring to my mind in years to come, Lordwilling? So much has happened:





January 24th, 2011-The "At the risk of sounding like
I've lost my mind, take this with a grain of salt..." message to Heather
Lynn Ulibarri, a church/bible study friend during my time at Master's, was used
by the Lord to spark a great friendship;





March 4th, 2011-I learn that I have been accepted to the
Doctor of Audiology program at The University of Florida;





March 8th, 2011-First phone conversation with Heather;





May 13th, 2011-I graduate from Baylor University in Waco, TX
with a Bachelor of Science in Biology (Pre-Healthcare Emphasis) and a Minor in
World Affairs;





May 15th, 2011-I say good-bye to my parents at the airport
in Dallas, TX before boarding my flight to Los Angeles, CA to spend the summer
with Heather (I spent almost a full month with Heather before beginning work at
a special needs camp on June 4th. I got a few 2 and 3 days breaks and one 9 day
break while working at the camp; all of which I spent with
sweet-as-a-sugar-plum Heather:);





May 31st, 2011-Heather and I go surfing (my first surfing
experience) at Mondos Beach in Ventura, CA;





June 21st, 2011-I propose to Heather just before sunset at a
park in Valencia, CA; she says "Yes!" and we are engaged!;





July 13th-July 20th, 2011-Heather and I travel to WI during
my 9 day break for her to meet my folks, my sister and her fiance, and get a
feel for summer life in the Midwest (Mooooo!!!!:);





July 31st-August 5th, 2011-Trip to Yosemite with Heather and
some of her family. Our God's creativity and awesomeness is so evidenced
there!;





August 9th, 2011-I say good-bye to Heather for the summer
but look forward to seeing her at my sister's wedding in October;





August 11-13, 2011-My brother and I drive from Hammond, WI
to Gainesville, FL;





October 6th-10th, 2011-My sister Rachel marries her fiance,
Joe Lonetti, on October 8th. Heather and I enjoy helping out at the wedding and
hearing Rachel and Joe sing spectacularly during their wedding reception!





November 22nd, 2011-December 1st, 2011-Heather's first trip
to FL! Heather and I drive to Orlando to check out IKEA and try some
Gainesville cuisine at different restaurants in the area. We are blessed to have
a very kind couple from church allow us to stay in separate rooms at their
house and to have the same couple invite us for Thanksgiving in High Springs,
FL. Heather and I enjoyed kayaking and walking with everyone after the
Thanksgiving meal!





Plans for December 25th, 2011-January 7th, 2012-Spending
Christmas and New Years' with Heather and her family as well as planning for
Heather and I's March 3rd, 2012 wedding :)





This list is not nearly comprehensive in communicating all
of the ways that the Lord has demonstrated His providence, love, and grace to
me this year. He has continually showed me that having faith in Him and seeking
to honor Him with my life is where my joy and wholeness is found. He will
provide what I need, make me who I need to be, and show me where to go if I
trust Him and stay focused on honoring Him in leading Heather.



So what will 2011 bring to mind in the future, Lordwilling?



God's providence, love, and grace.



"For I know the plans that I have for you,’ declares
the LORD, ‘plans for welfare and not for calamity to give you a future and a
hope. Then you will call upon Me and come and pray to Me, and I will listen to
you."



Jeremiah 29:11-12



Dear Lord,



All that I can ask for the future is that You would keep my
heart and its pursuits set on You. You've shown me again and again this year
that love for You and for others stems from this. May You be honored and
glorified in my life and leadership of Heather. I love and praise You and thank
you for who You are in my life and pray that You would shine Your light through
Your children that we may give testimony of You to the unbelieving world around
us. Amen.



In Christ,



Josh

No comments: