Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Learning to praise the Lord in the midst of the good and the bad...

Well, I wanted to go to bed but I have to wait another 45 minutes or so for my clothes to dry. Thought that I'd write another blog during the down time. This has been a very difficult but blessed week so far. As mentioned in my last blog, I did poorly on my Genetics test. After verifying with the professor this morning, I left his office with the same grade and nothing I could do to change it. I really feel that I tried my best to study my hardest but for some reason couldn't seem to put it together well enough to perform strongly on the test. I don't want to blame so I take full responsibility but it doesn't make it any less disappointing. Anyway, so the week was going really smooth before I hit that bump in the road. Two very good things have also happened this week though. I was hired by the camp that I discussed in my last blog so I'm really thankful for the Lord's provision in opening up that opportunity. It should be very fun and rewarding and I'm really excited! Also, my sister got accepted into Westminster college that she's been working very hard towards with a half-ride scholarship. My parents consented today I guess and I was really happy for her. My biggest prayers for her are that the Lord would allow her to draw close to Him in the days to come. It's tough for all of us to remember the true source of our skills and talents and to stand firm in Him. I struggle much with this, I'm sure my brother does, and I'm sure my sister will too. The important thing is that we desire to please Him and enjoy the day He's given us for His purposes. Anyway, my body is starting to get sleepy. Gotta wait about a half-hour still though. Oh well. Good night.

In Christ, Josh

No comments: