Thursday, July 10, 2008

Ups and downs, twists and turns, but God's grace through it all..

Well this summer has been quite busy so far. I've been working around 35 hours or so average per week at Culver's and taking OChem M-TH 8-10:15 a.m. A real great blessing is that I was able to pass Organic Chemistry I this time with a B+! I am very grateful for this and know that it was only by the Lord's grace that I was able to put in the time and effort to achieve this grade. What a relief to be done with that course. Whew :) I'm now taking Organic Chemistry II which I just started this week. It seems like it will be a challenge also, but I will be prayerful and know that the Lord will work everything together for good. I didn't study at all today, mainly because my family celebrated my birthday, which is Sunday, because my mom and sis will be heading off to New York for my sister's music camp Saturday morning. I watched Kung Fu Panda, which was quite a hilarious movie, with my bro and sis. Then we came home and had my favorite dinner: homeade orange chicken with homeade fried rice and egg rolls. Then we had my favorite cake--pineapple upside down cake for dessert. Num-num goo-goo. Definitely a summer treat......But ya, I'd like to start taking out more time to read God's Word on a daily basis. I feel like I've been out of touch somewhat. I need to remember that He is the only source of true joy and success in my life and stop looking for these things in people and circumstances. I need to remember that He controls all things and that I need to stay in commune with Him to keep from getting distracted. Welp, this tired old man has had about all the excitement he can take for a day. Time for bed. Oh, one last goal for the summer after OChem Lordwilling I'd like to learn the basics of French and develop my Spanish knowledge more. Good night. In Christ, Josh

No comments: