Thursday, June 5, 2008

Lord, please grant me wisdom and understanding.

Wow. I feel really confused sometimes. I want to honor and glorify the Lord with the life that He has given me. However, I'm still frustrated by wicked temptations that constantly rage against my conscience and who I am in Christ. I try to constantly repent of these temptational thoughts and that makes me feel more and more sorrowful over my wicked flesh. I guess that I should really take joy in knowing that the Lord has already brought me to Himself and that the sin that still bothers me will only last temporarily. And I sure can't wait to spend eternity in heaven with the Savior who knows and loves me for who I am in Him and has forgiven me for the sinful humanity that still disturbs. Lord, please help me to honor and glorify You in my life throughout this summer. Help my life to be a genuine reflection, not of Josh Gilbert, but rather of the Father who's Spirit dwells within me. Please use me in whatever way you see as best. Amen. -Josh

No comments: